DANGER, DANGER, DANGER!

Posted: January 10, 2012 in Inspector Jim's Blog
Tags:

CARBON MONOXIDE ALARM ACTIVATES:
We just settled in for a good nights sleep, and about 20 mins. later the ceiling mounted carbon monoxide detector went-off. Scaring the pee-gees out of me, whatever they are.
THIS IS THE TIME TO EXIT YOUR HOME & CALL THE FIRE DEPT FOR ASSISTANCE.
When I sprang in to action, I didn’t notice anything unusual in the air or atmosphere. AS you should be aware; carbon …monoxide is a colorless, tasteless and odorless – so in this reguard, I could not tell anyway. However, immediatily I discovered that nothing was on that would produce CO. This is quite unusual.
As any good building inspector, I activated my professional/portable CO detector. Did test samples throughout my home, with no results. (alarm still active). Turned-up the furnace (pvc out), and sampled again, “0”ppm. The olny other thing would be a defective detector or low battery. The battery indicator showed “good”. Changed battery anyway. CO detector went back to normal operation. It was a bad batterry. LIVE SAFE….

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s